Updated: December 07, 2020
We are a global company based in Chicago, Illinois, USA. We provide essential tools to help businesses produce fast, accurate and consistent laser cutting quotes. Companies that use our services can provide their customers with a more professional, timely and competitive quotation experience.
We may be contacted in the following ways:
Tempus Tools, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Department
205 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 810
Chicago, IL 60601
“Personal Data” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual; meaning, information that could be used, on its own or in conjunction with other data, to identify an individual. We may ask for certain Personal Data from you for the purpose of providing you content and/or services that you request.
We collect Personal Data such as your: (i) contact information (including name, address and email); (ii) financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date, verification number and billing address); (iii) contact information of your company and/or other identity information you share with us (including industry or profession); (iv) location information (such as geographic location of the device you are using); and/or (v) preferences and feedback.
Once you register, you have opted in to receive electronic communications from Tempus Tools. If you use external application accounts (like ‘Google’) to sign into the Services, we will collect and store your user identification information (“ID”). The privacy practices of external applications and websites are set forth in their privacy policies, and Tempus Tools has no control over the use of your ID by such parties.
Tempus Tools may also provide you with the opportunity to participate in surveys through our Services. If you participate, we will request certain Personal Data.
Participation in surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether to disclose such information.
“Non-Personal Information” is general user information that does not contain personally identifiable information, which is collected on an aggregate basis as you use our Services. We collect Non-Personal Information such as:
- Device Data: We use device data, which is information concerning a device you use to access, use, and/or interact with the Services, such as operating system type and/or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device, geo-location, unique device identifier and/or other device identifier, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information.
- Aggregate: We may collect non-identifying and statistical information about the use of our Services, such as how many visitors visit a specific page, how long they stay on that page and which links, if any, they click on. This information represents a generic overview of our users, including their collective habits. Information collected in the aggregate is not associated with you as an individual. We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties.
- Other Tracking Technologies: We may supplement information you provide to us with information from other sources, such as information to validate and/or update your address and/or other demographic information. This information is used to maintain the accuracy of information on our Services and for internal analysis.
- We may also use clear gifs, pixel tags and web beacons, which are tiny graphic images placed on website pages and/or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions and are further used to track online movements of our users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your Personal Information.
Purposes of Processing
We may share your Personal Data to fulfill the purposes for which you provide it, for any other purposes disclosed by us when you provide the Personal Data, with your consent, and/or to third parties designated by you.
- operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and Services;
- respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide technical support;
- send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages;
- communicate about promotions, upcoming events, other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- send you reminders, support and marketing messages;
- manage our administration of the Services;
- link or combine user information with other Personal Data we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- perform analytics and conduct research;
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized and/or illegal activity;
- to process orders and/or otherwise provide and deliver products and services you request;
- to process and deliver orders for additional services;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network; and/or
- develop and improve marketing and advertising for the Services and partner services.
The information collected in the aggregate enables Tempus Tools to better understand your use of the Services and to enhance your enjoyment. We may use financial information to process payment for any purchases made on the Services, enroll you in one of our accounts and/or other related services in which you elect to participate. If you use the Services, you agree to receive certain communications from us including but not limited to the following:
Special Offers, Newsletters and Updates. We will occasionally send you information on products, special deals, promotions, and newsletters. You can sign up for these emails from us at any time on our website. Out of respect for your privacy, you may elect not to receive these types of communications by unsubscribing from these email types.
Customer Service. Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will communicate with you in response to your enquiries, to provide the services you request and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, as you may elect.
Supplementation of Information. To process your credit card orders, we use a third-party provider to validate and verify your account information. All billing and account information is transmitted via https, which is a secure encrypted protocol system.
Legal Basis of Processing
We rely on a variety of bases for processing your personal data in a fair and legal manner. We will not rely on a single basis. We will use any of the following bases, depending on how we use your personal data:
- Consent – you may provide us your consent to use your personal data. You should provide it to it freely and it should be clear that you are providing it to us voluntarily.
- Contract – we may need to use your personal data for a contract to which you are a party.
- Compliance – we may need to use your personal data to comply with a legal obligation for our company.
- Vital interests – there may be rare circumstances where we may need to use your personal data to protect you or others.
- Public good – it is unlikely that we will utilize this method as this requires use of your personal data to be for the public good. This is often used by health care organizations.
- Legitimate interests – this is a balancing test where we will use your personal data except where your rights and freedoms are at risk.
Recipients or Categories of Recipients of Data
We may share Personal Data and User Content with:
- contractors and/or agents who are performing services for Tempus Tools.
We may rely upon vendors, contractors, or agents (collectively, “Service Providers”) to provide servers for our e-mail communications which we use to communicate with you. We may also use Service Providers to help us authenticate systems and detect fraud.
Our Service Providers will be given access to your Personal Data as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services and related products and/or services.
We strive to use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data. If Service Providers acquire confidential or proprietary information belonging to Tempus Tools or its customers, such information is required to be handled in confidence and may not be disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
Service Providers who violate our security and safe maintenance of data policies are subject to appropriate discipline including, but not limited to, termination. Certain Service Providers will automatically collect non-identifying information about your use of our Services by using cookies and other technologies as similarly used by Tempus Tools.
We also may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Data in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
For example, we will disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances: (i) to investigate and defend Tempus Tools members against any third- party claims and/or allegations and/or otherwise to protect Tempus Tools from liability, (ii) to investigate, prevent and/or take action regarding suspected and/or actual illegal activities, (iii) to assist government enforcement agencies, respond to a legal process and/or comply with the law, (iv) to exercise or protect the rights, property and/or personal safety of the users of the Services, and/or (v) to protect the security and/or integrity of the Service.
In response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, user ID history, fraud complaints, and usage history, without a subpoena, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, and/or other unlawful activity.
International Data Transfers
Our company operates globally and has a global infrastructure. We utilize cloud computing which means your Personal Data may be transferred to a country with data protection laws not as strong as where you reside.
We will transfer your Personal Data to countries deemed having adequate levels of data protection as determined by the European Commission. For those countries that do not have adequate levels of protection as determined by the European Commission, we will rely on a variety of methods for lawful cross-border transfers.
We implement security measures designed to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Data safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use.
We periodically review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including technical and organizational measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We further protect your Personal Data from potential personal data breaches by implementing certain technological measures including encryption, firewalls, and secure socket layer technology.
Because the internet is not a completely secure environment, Tempus Tools cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to Tempus Tools or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered and/or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical and/or managerial safeguards. In addition, while we take reasonable measure to ensure that Service Providers keep your information confidential and secure, such Service Provider’s practices are ultimately beyond our control.
We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy and/or security measures of any other organization. By using our Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
You may ask for a list of technical and organizational measures taken to protect your personal data by e-mailing us at: email@example.com.
We will retain Personal Data we process on behalf of our customers as needed to provide the services they request. Also, we will retain this Personal Data only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Data Subject Access Rights
Under the GDPR, EU residents have the existence of the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
We will do this in a timely manner as specified by the GDPR. If we need more time to fulfill your request, we will let you know in advance. We will not exceed the legally specified time limit under any circumstance.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us as follows:
The GDPR allows EU citizens to file a complaint to a supervisory authority if they feel that their rights and freedoms have been violated. While we hope that you would work with us to resolve your issue, you may also file a complaint to the applicable supervisory authority through this link:
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
Our company does not use your personal data for automated decision making or profiling. An example of this is when you apply for a bank loan. Some companies may use an algorithm or automated process to decide about your loan. Again, this does not apply to our organization or the use of your personal data.
Children and Minors
Tempus Tools does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age thirteen (13), we will delete such information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under the age of thirteen (13) may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using the Services, you represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen (18) years old in order to create an account and/or purchase the goods and/or services through the Services.
Other websites and services